Case insensitivity

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.demon.co.uk
Fri Jul 20 15:06:32 EDT 2001

Hi,

> My own intuition and experience tells me that there seem to be two
> kinds of people: some folks think case-sensitively, others think
> case-insensitively.

Doesn't the fact that most people learn the written form of their
natural language ahead of programming mean that they're used to the
concept of case (if their language has it) and understand that CAN and
can are different, the former being a different case to encode extra
information -- that it is an abbreviation.

Sorry to add my twopence in an already crowded and `done to death'
thread.

Ralph.