Adding a package to the standard distribution

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Mon Jul 9 10:05:31 EDT 2001

    Panu> Hello all, I've got a package (called Selecting) that I'd like to
    Panu> subject to consideration for being added to the standard python
    Panu> distribution. The package implements a better (in my opinion)
    Panu> scheme of abstraction over select.select() than does asyncore and
    Panu> asynchat. However, I don't know what mailing list / person I
    Panu> should write to to get the package included in the standard
    Panu> distribution.

For starters, I'd suggest you make it available via HTTP or FTP and post an
announcement to the Python announcements list/group.  Also, submit it to the
Vaults of Parnassus.  As for persuading the powers-that-be, you can send a
note to python-dev at python.org.

--
Skip Montanaro (skip at pobox.com)
(847)971-7098