Threading in Python

Aahz Maruch aahz at panix.com
Sat Jul 28 15:07:20 EDT 2001

In article <bn787.4044$Me1.99107 at e420r-sjo2.usenetserver.com>,
Andy <andy at mindgate.net> wrote:

>There seems to be a lot of (arguably) radical changes going on in the
>Python syntax/grammar/language, perhaps the direction should be towards
>improving the internals first?
>
>One thing Java has which Python lacks is transparent support for
>multi-cpu threading.  Python has threads, but I believe it is
>internally implemented and has been shown not to take advantage of an
>SMP machine.

That's about half-true.  For more information, see
http://starship.python.net/crew/aahz/

(New & Improved slideshow coming Real Soon Now (a couple or three days))

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                 http://www.rahul.net/aahz/

Fortune cookie: Watch your relations with other people carefully, be reserved.