Learning Python

Keith F. Woeltje kwoeltje at mail.mcg.edu
Tue Jul 24 18:36:13 EDT 2001

Paul, If you're new to programming altogether, Python is a good place to
start. Check out Alan Guald's excellent tutorial at:
http://www.crosswinds.net/~agauld/

If you'd rather learn from a book (I'm personally addicted to the feel
of a book) you can get the printed version at:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0201709384/qid%3D973079752/sr%3D1-2/103-8528605-9386238

If you already know how to program, try:
http://diveintopython.org/
from where you can download what is reported to be an excellent
introduction (I haven't gotten to that one yet). Other good resources
are the books /Learning Python/ by Mark Lutz, /The Quick Python Book/ by
  Daryl Harms and Kenneth McDonald, and /Core Python Programming/ by
Wesley Chun (the most up to date of the three).