New library software development project.

Richard Snow snowrichard at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 14 16:05:36 EDT 2001

"Ed Sharpe" <esharpe at uswest.wet> wrote in message news:<Tdk27.48$6O5.193910 at news.uswest.net>...
> there are already things like this out there....
snip...
> Richard Snow <snowrichard at earthlink.net> wrote in message
> news:3B3601BE.3C84E49A at earthlink.net...
> >
> > A brief description of the project: An open source library circulation
> > system written in Python and running
> > on Linux. Handles patron records, book records, and checkouts
> > currently.  We might add other types of
> > records such as videos, audio tapes, and so on later.
> >
> > The web page at http://richardsnow.bizland.com/opendev describes the
snip...
> > If you are interest in helping out or in using the code, please see the
> > web page and email me from there.
> >
> > --
> > Richard Snow
> > http://richardsnow.bizland.com

Ed: I've done a minor update to the web site mentioning koha and
openbook.
When I get more time and details I'll add some more to my site.
Thanks for
pointing out these other projects.  It would have taken me a long time
to get
mine to the point that Koha is now.  I haven't seen the Open Book beta
yet.

I have offered to help write some docs for Koha, and I will start on
that
as soon as I have time to get all my software installed that it needs
and
actually install Koha on my system.  Rough drafts will be on a new
page on
the above mentioned site before I send them to koha.

By the way I'm posting this message from my sister's computer using
the new Google Groups system (new to me anyway).  Good Job, Google.

Richard