Python for air traffic control?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Thu Jul 5 11:06:25 EDT 2001

In article <bebbba07.0107042341.4283ca43 at posting.google.com>, Russ wrote:

>Let's cut right to the chase here. I like strong typing almost
>as much as you do, but I don't understand why I can't get it in
>Python, perhaps by specialized code-analysis tools.

If you want a safe language with strong, static typing and good
clean OO features (no, C++ doesn't qualify) you might want to
take a look at Modula-3.

                        http://www.m3.org/

M3 isn't very good for tossing together a disposable
one-file-wonder the way Python is, and it's not as interactive
as Python either. But, it's got a lot of support for building
large, complex systems.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  FIRST, I'm covering
                                  at               you with OLIVE OIL and