Can I copy a generators state and then backtrack to it if necessary?

Stephen Horne steve at lurking.demon.co.uk
Sun Jul 22 02:27:48 EDT 2001

On Sat, 21 Jul 2001 23:41:06 -0400, "Tim Peters" <tim.one at home.com>
wrote:

>[Stephen Horne]
>> I don't seem to be getting much response. Please help!!!
>
>There are only two people who can answer this stuff, and I already did, so
>you'll have to try harder to make me feel guilty <wink>.

Sorry - your reply and my appeal crossed in the post. My message shows
a timestamp 10 minutes later than yours, but I composed the appeal off
line and besides, these things always take a while to work through the
system.

Given that I worked out I don't need it after all, and I was wrong
about why I thought I'd want it, I don't think there'll be any further
appeals ;-)

Sorry for hassling you and sorry for asking an ultimately pointless
question due to not thinking it through as well as I thought, but
thanks for answering.