Python--eclectic or ubiquitous

Alex new_name at mit.edu
Mon Jul 2 11:58:10 EDT 2001

> After five years of following Python, I haven’t seen much
> improvement in the areas that seem to be the most natural fit for
> Python: Commercial quality database support and robust web server
> modules.

What database do you want to access?  I thought the database support was
adequate, though I must admit I haven't used it extensively.  Have you
seen this page?

http://www.vex.net/parnassus/apyllo.py/973100124

And wrt web servers, you might want to google for mod_python.  I haven't
used it extensively either, though.  I've used zope more, which you
might also want to have a look at.

Alex.