Win2k Tkinter checkbuttons

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Jul 16 09:59:52 EDT 2001

In article <s77ofqlov3p.fsf at xfresno.math.ias.edu>, Ulrich Gortz
<u at g0ertz.de> writes
>Robin Becker <robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk> writes:
>
>> I'm having problems with menu checkbuttons under python2.1 running under
>> win2k sp2. When I pop up a menu containing a ticked item I don't see all
>> of the tick. When the mouse passes over the checkbutton the tick
>> suddenly gets fully displayed.
>
>I have exactly the same problem (see also
>http://www.g0ertz.de/tkinter.html ); I don't know how to fix it.
>
>Ulrich

yes the problem your images show are identical to mine. I know this
doesn't have to happen as I have native Tk apps which do/don't show it
and so far as I can tell by dumping out the menu properties in both
cases there isn't anything seriously different about them as far as
colours/font/fontsizes etc. I have a vague feeling it might be related
to the update speed.
--
Robin Becker