Python for air traffic control?

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Thu Jul 5 05:42:55 EDT 2001

Peter Milliken wrote:

> Many programmers, when they first meet a strongly typed language (such as
> Ada, but there are others) have a great deal of difficulty, because they are
> used to having a lot more "freedom" from the languages they are used to. But
> once you get past the barrier of producing correct code then it offers a
> great freedom - 90% of your "typical" bugs are found by the compiler at
> compile time rather than during unit testing :-).

I always try to explain this to C/C++ freaks which even blame Java
being too strict. These discussions usually ends with their "hacker
attitude" shining through.

I once read a statistic that 80% of the german car drivers think of
themselves that their capabilities as a driver are above average.
That's also the problem with "real men" programming e.g. C/C++. They
think of themselves they are above average...

Ciao, Michael.