Keys To The Kingdom

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Wed Jul 11 11:14:38 EDT 2001

"Mike Brenner" <mikeb at mitre.org> wrote ...
> Alex wrote:
> the code below works on unix (freebsd) and IDLE on win2k, but not python
itself
> on win2k...
>
> while 1:
>     try:
>         x = raw_input().upper()
>         print x
>     except KeyboardInterrupt:
>         print "Leaving Dodge...\n"
>         break
>
> --------
>
> This code works for me on Python 2.1 with windows extensions and wxpython,
for all 96 graphic characters.

Erm, so you're using PythonWin?

> It beeps for all control characters except control c, control z, and
control v.
> Control c is set up to copy.
> Control v is set up to paste.
> Control z is set up to undo.
>
> None of the arrows, control keys, or function keys have any of their
special functions or print anything to the little screen that pops up for
input.

Was this an attempt at humor which went over my head? If not, try repeating
your experiment with the command-line interpreter...

Nah, I must just be suffering from SOH failure. :^)

regards
 Steve
--
http://www.holdenweb.com/