Comment on PEP-0238

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Wed Jul 4 05:30:58 EDT 2001

Donn Cave <donn at u.washington.edu> writes:

> Maybe there should have been a "div" operator in Python, but it
> strikes me as rather monomorphic (antonym of polymorphic?) unless we
> have a more general notion in mind than just integer arithmetic.

We need a EuclideanDomain type!

> But it's awfully late for that anyway.

Yes.

Cheers,
M.
...who would be perfectly happy with
>>> 4 / 5
TypeError: integers are a ring, moron!
but doesn't think this has much chance...

--
  Java sucks. [...] Java on TV set top boxes will suck so hard it
  might well inhale people from off  their sofa until their heads