PEP: Procedure for Adding New Modules (please comment)

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Wed Jul 4 15:59:13 EDT 2001

On 4 Jul 2001, Martijn Faassen wrote:

>Hi folks,

>    In the case where no head maintainer can be found (possibly
>    because there are no maintainers left), the integrators will issue
>    a call to the community at large asking for new maintainers to
>    step forward. If no one does, the integrators can decide to
>    declare the contribution deprecated as described in PEP 4.

This is too quick, IMHO: some libraries/modules could be actual for
years even without any maintainers. (Yes, I hope Python to be *that*
stable).

So, probably there is a need to add a special category of unmaintained
modules and ship them with the Standard Library as long, as they
are useful and runnable.

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
_/ Russia _/ Karelia _/ Petrozavodsk _/ rnd at onego.ru _/
_/ Wednesday, July 04, 2001 _/ Powered by Linux RedHat 6.2 _/