[Python-Dev] Python 2.1.1c1 released

Carey Evans careye at spamcop.net
Fri Jul 13 23:13:42 EDT 2001

"Eric S. Raymond" <esr at thyrsus.com> writes:

> Should be.  They haven't even settled their freeze policy yet, let alone
> declared a freeze.  I've been tracking this because I'm coming up on a
> fetchmail-5.9.0 stable release and want to get that in, too.

The freeze for Debian 3.0 is described in Anthony Towns' mail to
debian-devel-announce on 1 July:

    http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce-0106/msg00014.html

but that only affects base packages so far.  Python is included in the
freeze of "standard" packages, so Python 2.1.1 must be done by the end
of August; see the end of:

    http://lists.debian.org/debian-python-0107/msg00041.html

fetchmail is "optional" priority, so they'll be time to get a new
version into Debian after Python is done.

	    "Quiet, you'll miss the humorous conclusion."