webbrowser module reveals a Netscape bug.

Siggy Brentrup bsb at winnegan.de
Thu Jul 5 16:33:14 EDT 2001

Hi Gary,

If you're running KDE 2.1: I remember a message including a workaround
on the debian-kde mailing list the day before.

Gary Herron <gherron at islandtraining.com> writes:

> I'm writing an application which needs to open a web browser on any
> platform, so I used the webbrowser module, and it fails to work on my
> first system test because of an apparent bug in netscape.  I've not
> seen any mention of this problem, but I'm hoping someone has a
> workaround.

Since I don't use Netscape 4.7x any more, I don't have the message at
hand, search the archive at

  http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde-0107/maillist.html

for netscape in the subject line.

Good luck