Is 4Suites xml-parser slow??? (or am i parsing in the wrong way??)

teo teo at crepido.com
Mon Jul 30 05:37:40 EDT 2001

Hi all!
I wonder if some of you have had problems (not really a problem, but
it takes long time to parse) with xml.dom.ext.Sax2.FromXmlStream ?
I feed the parser with an wellformed xml-file at 50k, and it takes
6.93 - 7.5 seconds to parse.

btw, I'm running my app on an AMD-Athlon 850 Mhz Mandrake-linux PC

the code in my app is:
Sourcefile = "myxml.xml" # :)

from xml.dom.ext.reader.Sax2 import FromXmlStream
import timing

print "Parse!!"
timing.start()
dom = FromXmlStream(Sourcefile)
timing.finish()
print "Parsing XML into DOM took" +str(timing.milli()/1000.00000001)+"
seconds..."