PEP0238 lament AND Re: Case (In)sensitivity

Chris Gonnerman chris.gonnerman at newcenturycomputers.net
Mon Jul 23 19:35:35 EDT 2001

Both of these changes fall in the same group IMHO... they
break a lot of code.

Prove to me (to us, the naysayers) why we really need them.

Don't tell me that newbies need this to learn the language,
as we know they don't.  We were all newbies once; which of
us had a problem with either int division or case sensitivity.

Guido, Moshe, dudes, I have a lot of respect for you, but it
has always been because of the high level of reliability
in Python.  This hurts.