Long Live Python!

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Fri Jul 13 21:27:04 EDT 2001

James_Althoff at i2.com wrote:
> ... if someone says "good for short
> programs <100 lines" -- mentioning a specific number ("100" in this case)
> -- wouldn't common sense dictate that the intention was also to indicate
> something like "Python is something *different than good* for programs
> >=100 lines (or let's say *significantly* greater than 100 lines -- to be
> reasonable and fair)?

I can't really argue with that.  I understand how you interpreted
the comment, but I didn't see it the same way, and apparently
it wasn't intended that way either.  No big deal.

> Otherwise, I would think it much simpler and less ambiguous just to say
> "Python is good for programs small, medium, and large  -- which is, in
> fact, my view!  :-)

And mine, and (apparently) Phil's too!  We're close to deafening
each other with our agreement on this issue!  <grin>

(Okay, actually I would disagree with the word "good".
Clearly Python is "excellent" for medium programs and
"stellar" for large programs.  Case closed. ;-)

--
Peter Hansen, P.Eng.
peter at engcorp.com