pipe in read and write mode

Raphael Bauduin rb at tiscali.be
Mon Jul 16 05:39:13 EDT 2001

Hi!

I want to pipe the standard input of my script to a command. I use popen,
and it's fine. However, I want to take the standard output of the command
and put it in a variable. I can't open the pipe in read and write mode. I
made it work by redirecting the output of the pipe to a file, and reading
this file. I would prefer not to write it to a temporary file, as the text
piped is somewhat sensitive (I use the script to encrypt it, so it would be
better not to write it to a file ;-)

thanks.

Raph
--
          Open Source and Free Software Developers Meeting
See you at the 2002 edition. Check the 2001 sessions on