3rd beta of Win32 Installer release 4

Gordon McMillan gmcm at hypernet.com
Sat Jul 21 09:23:12 EDT 2001

Cristian Echeverria wrote:

> I tested release 4 with Python 2.1, Win98 and with a simple program:
>
> print "Hello"
>
> and I got the following errors
>
> W: exec statment detected at line 295 of imputil
> W: No module named dos
> W: No module named mac
> W: No module named os2
> W: No module named posix
>
> I don´t know what is happening, all the previous version worked for my,
> but version 4 has not worked at all, I always get a similar error.

Those are not errors. Depending on what platform your python is built
for, you have a builtin from the list [dos, nt, mac, os2, posix].

The os module (which is the same on all platforms) has code that,
(depending on which of those it sees in builtins), imports the
appropriate one. In scanning the code for "import"s, all 5 import
statements are found, but only one of them names an existing
module. So the other 4 are reported as warnings.

This kind of thing is very common in cross platform code. To see
if it works, try it. If it doesn't run, the warning messages
may provide a clue.

- Gordon