newbie question

Jay Parlar jparlar at home.com
Wed Jul 11 21:14:34 EDT 2001

To reiterate what Bill said in his post, buy Wesley Chun's book. At the end of every chapter there are a good number of
chapter related exercises. Chun tries to cover most of the chapter's topics in these problems, and they really helped me
learn Python. I seriously can't recommend this book enough. It's a fantastic piece of work.

> "crombie" <crombie88 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > so, i wanna learn python.

> > i read the docs on python.org.  what do i do now? is there like a
> > website with a list of starter projects that need to be done in
> > python to prove you know it and help you learn it?
> >
> > at a complete loss, will appreciate direction.  any direction
>

> Book:
>
> Wesley Chun's "Core Python" has an excellent reputation. Wesley
> himself is very helpful on the tutorial list.
>

> Problems:
>
> Can't really help there. Ask on the tutorial list?
>
> Enjoy, enjoy.
>
> Bill

Jay P.