Arg decoding with a template?

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Tue Jul 31 19:49:01 EDT 2001

Dale Strickland-Clark <dale at riverhall.NOSPAMco.uk> writes:

> I guess what I had in mind was a simple but effective equivelent
> that I used to use with BCPL. A function called rdargs, which I
> think also became part of AmigaDOS

If you do get a moment to point to any reference or just write up a
quick summary, I'm sure there would be some implementation suggestions
available.

Presumably any parsing template still has to deal with issues such as
flagging options (optional pieces) versus standard arguments,
delimiters and quoting them, etc...  But there's obviously also
multiple ways to make choices about each of those issues.

--
-- David