A way to accommodate laguage changes

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Jul 24 06:24:29 EDT 2001

In article <3B5CC345.D18FEEE8 at Lugoj.Com>, James Logajan
<JamesL at Lugoj.Com> writes

>I effectively stopped considering Python for new projects as of last night.
>I can't read Guido's mind, I don't know what other code-breaking changes he
>might be considering. I'm not sure he even knows. Where else is he going to
>be convinced that "evil" lies in the language and needs to be exorcised?

I'm afraid that's the real problem that became apparent during this
discussion. All the fury and arguments mean nothing when the mdfl has
decided to change the language. The PEP process is a rubber stamping
mechanism for the great leader's diktat.
--
Robin Becker