Credit card processing on the web

Michal Wallace sabren at manifestation.com
Mon Jul 9 13:09:03 EDT 2001

On Mon, 9 Jul 2001, Steve Holden wrote:

> I've been doing some work on credit card transaction verification, and as a
> result of certain experiences with a third party vendor, my client has
> requested that I look for another verification company.
>
> Has anyone actually used Python to verify credit card data? If so, with
> which company or companies? If you have time to post about your experiences
> I would be grateful.
>
> In fact, we don't even *have* to use Python, although the work I have done
> so far did, socket-based with mx/amkCrypto to implement the Blowfish
> encryption. I'd prefer to use Python, though. Just because I can.

Hey Steve,

I have a library for dealing with online payments through the web at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/payment/ .. There's no web page or
documentation for it yet, but the code is quite small and hopefully
readable... There's also some unit tests..

It works with Authorize.net and verisign and requires M2Crypto.

Cheers,

- Michal