unsigned short

John john.thai at dspfactory.com
Tue Jul 3 17:42:13 EDT 2001

Hi,

    Correct me if I'm wrong:  Python only supports signed short?

    I have C function that I'm trying to extend python with by writing the
corresponding module function.  The C function takes an unsigned short as a
modifiable parameter.

If my assumption above is correct, then I need to represent my parameter as
an integer?  Will this work?  When I extract the python integer to a C
variable, I would use "i" as the formatter, then cast the it with (unsigned
short)?  And vice versa for returning a C unsigned short to a python?

Any suggestions would be appreciated..

Thanks,

John