evalstr

Mark 'Kamikaze' Hughes kamikaze at kuoi.asui.uidaho.edu
Thu Jul 12 20:14:22 EDT 2001

11 Jul 2001 14:00:47 -0400 in <mailman.994874479.28261.python-list at python.org>,
Tim Peters <tim.one at home.com> spake:
>[Shannon --jj Behrens]
>> I wrote a useful C module for doing string interpolation.
> You should work with the author of PEP 215 (String Interpolation) to settle
> on a consensus proposal:
>     http://python.sf.net/peps/pep-0215.html

  Aside from the appeal for Perl fans, how is that different from normal
formatted strings with named references?
>>> a="I wanted a monkey."
>>> "%(a)s" % vars()
'I wanted a monkey.'

"I will tell you things that will make you laugh and uncomfortable and really
fucking angry and that no one else is telling you.  What I won't do is bullshit
you.  I'm here for the same thing you are.  The Truth." -Transmetropolitan #39