license suggestions?

Neil Hodgson nhodgson at bigpond.net.au
Mon Jul 9 02:27:45 EDT 2001

Chris Watson:

> This is what I use. A standard 2 clause (clause 1 and 2) FreeBSD
> style copyright but with my own clause 3 to PREVENT people
> from GPL'ing my code and thereby RESTRICTING its useage.

    If you want to protect your code from the evil clutches of the FSF, just
add a clause that is particularly unpalatable to them. They hate choice of
jurisdiction clauses so:

   3. This License Agreement shall be governed by the intellectual property
law of the state of New South Wales.

   as-if-we-needed-such-laws-in-this-stately y'rs - neil