Distributed computing using SOAP. What about speed ?

Ng Pheng Siong ngps at madcap.dyndns.org
Fri Jul 27 11:24:46 EDT 2001

According to Skip Montanaro  <skip at pobox.com>:
> Yes, that can be a problem.  With SOAP you can mitigate some of it (I
> think) by using HTTP 1.1 and saving the cost of making and breaking
> repeated connections in some instances.

You can't do that with stock SOAPpy097, but you can with my patches:

- a Medusa-based soap_handler that does HTTP/1.1 server-side
- a new transport that does HTTP/1.1 client-side

With these, you get multiple SOAP calls per TCP connection.

Patches on SOAPpy sourceforge.net page.

Cheers.

--
Ng Pheng Siong <ngps at post1.com> * http://www.post1.com/home/ngps