sleep command/function & searching the python docs

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 31 12:13:38 EDT 2001

"Rajarshi Guha" <rajarshi at seed.chem.psu.edu> wrote in message
news:9k6ilm$2sed8$1 at ID-91520.news.dfncis.de...
> Hi,
>   is there a sleep function in the Python library. I've beens earching
> throught the modules but could'nt seem to find one. BTW, is there any way

Function sleep of module time is probably what you want.

> to search the Python docs for a specific function/module etc? Or is there

If you use the .CHM (Compiled HTML) form of Python's docs, you
get a search engine included, but I think .CHM only runs on
Windows.

> any resource on the web that provides a searchable interface?

Yes, it's called Google.

http://www.google.com/search?q=python+sleep
(which you can also enter interactively, visiting www.google.com
and typing
    python sleep
into the textbox) gives you 39,300 hits, of which the first
one is http://www.faqts.com/knowledge_base/view.phtml/aid/2609
an entry from FAQTS titled "Does python have a sleep function?"
and providing the answer too.

Alex