A way to accommodate laguage changes

James Logajan JamesL at Lugoj.Com
Mon Jul 23 20:37:25 EDT 2001

Chris Barker wrote:
> pain it is likely to cause by:
>    A) Breaking old code
>    B) Making it very difficult to write code that can run on old and new
> version of the interpreter.
>
> It seems that since (3) is the big stumbling block, perhaps we need to
> focus our intentions on how to make not only this change, but other
> potential changes less painful. It's too late now, but ideally, Python

Not to be abrupt, but if it is too late now, why bother mentioning it?

I effectively stopped considering Python for new projects as of last night.
I can't read Guido's mind, I don't know what other code-breaking changes he
might be considering. I'm not sure he even knows. Where else is he going to
be convinced that "evil" lies in the language and needs to be exorcised?