missing setfirstweekday in calendar module

David Goodger dgoodger at bigfoot.com
Mon Jul 2 20:47:06 EDT 2001

on 2001-07-02 4:23 PM, grakker (grakker at softhome.net) wrote:
> I'm pretty new to python.  I wrote up a cgi script for a family
> calendar.  It works great, but I would like to use the setfirstweekday
> part of the calendar module, but it isn't there.  I'm running an
> up-to-date sid debian install.  When I downloaded Python at work to
> mess around during down times, I noticed that it does have a
> setfirstweekday option.  Anyone know where I can find it?

Your Debian must have an older Python, 1.5.2 or earlier. 2.0 or later have
setfirstweekday(). The best thing would be to install the latest Python. If
you can't, the 2.0 version of calendar.py is 1.5.2-compatible. Just copy the
2.0 version on top of the 1.5.2 version.

(BTW, I added setfirstweekday() and other improvements to calenday.py, and
I'm glad somebody is getting use out of it.)

--
David Goodger    dgoodger at bigfoot.com    Open-source projects:
 - Python Docstring Processing System: http://docstring.sf.net