2.0 or 2.1 on win32

Paul Prescod paulp at ActiveState.com
Sun Jul 29 17:37:06 EDT 2001

Aahz Maruch wrote:

> In article <L6X87.58021$C81.4985811 at bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,
> douglas savitsky <dsavitsk at e-coli.net> wrote:
> >
> >people have always been ambiguous in the past as to whether installing
> >activepython or python + win32 extensions was the better choice. as far
> >as i can tell active python is based upon 2.1 and not 2.1.1. should
> >this be the deciding factor?
>
> I don't have an opinion.  Paul?  ;-)

We are in the final stages of QA on our 2.1.1. We have not had much
customer demand for 2.0.1. ActivePython is pretty much a straight
superset of the reference distribution of Python. Even adding win32all
will not get you as much documentation as nicely organized as
ActivePython.
--
Take a recipe. Leave a recipe.