byte compiled files

Mark Robinson m.1.robinson at herts.ac.uk
Thu Jul 26 10:56:32 EDT 2001

can anyone shed some light on the mysterious behaviour of my byte
compiled files. I am currently working on a python script which analyses
patterns in a DNA sequence. I have a function which checks a pattern (a
substring of approx 6 chars) to ensure only valid charactors are
present. When I first run this program it runs fine, but if I
immediately rerun the program (i.e using the pre-byte compiled file) it
finds all patterns non-valid. If I delete the .pyc file between runs
this problem does not occur. Can anyone explain what is happening here
to me and how to prevent it?

blobby