sleep command/function & searching the python docs

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Tue Jul 31 11:56:51 EDT 2001

"Rajarshi Guha" <rajarshi at seed.chem.psu.edu> wrote in message
news:9k6ilm$2sed8$1 at ID-91520.news.dfncis.de...
> Hi,
>   is there a sleep function in the Python library. I've beens earching
> throught the modules but could'nt seem to find one. BTW, is there any way
> to search the Python docs for a specific function/module etc? Or is there
> any resource on the web that provides a searchable interface?
> Rajarshi:

You are looking for time.sleep(). I generally find things by using the
Windows help file (.chm format). As far as I can remember this comes with
ActivePython distributions, but Robin Dunn makes them available from time to
time at

    http://alldunn.com/python/

You might also want to take a look at

    http://web.pydoc.org/

though I'm not sure how easy this is to replicate locally. It has a search
interface which found time.sleep() from a search for "sleep". Hope this
helps.

regards
 Steve

PS: I see from your domain name that you come from the educational home of
the Python Secr