Python Server Pages or Physician Heal Thyself

Brian Kelley bkelley at wi.mit.edu
Thu Jul 19 10:55:10 EDT 2001

Allright, I just discovered here
http://starbase.neosoft.com/~claird/comp.lang.python/web_python.html
that there are two different entities named Python Server Pages.  I was
referring to Kiby Andell's version here http://www.ciobriefings.com/psp/

Anyway, I stumbled across the web topics section at python.org
http://www.python.org/topics/web and discovered a third (?) so-called
python server pages from Webware http://webware.sourceforge.net/

So I'll mention my REAL problem :)  I am planning on using a particular
Java applet on a client side Macintosh.  Unfortunately it only runs under
the newly released Macintosh Java RunTime and the current MJR netscape
plugin from mozilla doesn't allow JavaScript to Java calls.  I was hoping
that using a some variant of Python Server Pages with Jython would give me
this functionality back.  So the question is which to use?

Webware seems the most supported so far, does anybody have any comments?
Thanks in advance.

Brian Kelley
Whitehead Institute