Deposing Dictators

Thomas Weholt thomas at gatsoft.no
Wed Jul 25 10:39:25 EDT 2001

I think Guido has done a great job so far. Python is by far the most
productive and fun programming language I've ever worked with.

Introducing new features is probably a good thing in terms of letting Python
evolve as a language, but I'm more concerned about the fact that each new
release of Python seem to be slower than the one before. Perhaps the
developers should focus more on performance and tuning of existing code
before adding more core features. I *do* think the inclusion of things like
pyunit and pydoc are good things, - very good indeed.

Extending the standard library and focusing on performance issues would
possibly be better. But hey, that's just me and I'm not known for using the
more advanced features of Python. The new features are probably aimed at
more trained programmers.

thomas