Future division patch available (PEP 238)

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Sun Jul 22 18:11:41 EDT 2001

John W. Baxter <jwbaxter at spamcop.com> wrote:
[snip]
> I don't think 1 / 2 producing 0 is broken, so I don't think it needs to
> be fixed, but that view is unlikely to prevail.

I believe there'll be a huge outcry once it actually looks like
this is going to be in Python for real, when the people who don't track
the Python development discover what's up with this.

I for once still have a hard time actually believing right now that I'll
have to go through a lot of source code evaluating each and every /
to determine if I want a // or a / there.

So, just wait a bit until this looks like it's going to be real and people
realize what they have to do. We haven't even started to see the beginning
of the complaints. :)

Regards,

Martijn