SocketServer and threading mixin?

Greg Copeland gtcopeland at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 12 21:48:55 EDT 2001

I've been following the bug report on the SocketServer module
and how it is broken with the threading mixin.  The bug report
has been closed and the people that posted offered several
solutions, however, from what I've seen, SocketServer, the
module, is still broken and requires a minor patch or two to
work correctly.  Does anyone know what the plans are to address
this issue down the road?  Will there be an interim python release
which addresses this???  Would be nice since there is seemingly
lots of people that don't want to have to their user base patch
or replace python modules.

Anyone?

Greg