Help With map() *He says while pulling his hair out*

Franz GEIGER fgeiger at datec.at
Mon Jul 9 02:14:55 EDT 2001

This works for me:

>>> import string
>>> s="1.2.3"
>>> string.split(s,'.')
['1', '2', '3']
>>> map(string.atoi, _)
[1, 2, 3]

s is a string. split splits the strings, where the '.' is the delimiter,
i.e. those are the spots, where the string is cut (the delim's are
discarded).

The result is a list of strings.

map applies string.atoi to all the members of the list. The result is a list
of integers.

Regards
Franz

news:pM927.657463$166.13605776 at news1.rdc1.bc.home.com...