ZODB : speed and automatic full-text indexingk

Thomas Weholt thomas at cintra.no
Thu Jul 12 09:58:19 EDT 2001

Hi,

Indexing:
I'm wondering about using ZODB in a small project. I need full-text
indexing/searching of any stored objects. Earlier version of the standalone
ZODB-package included ZIndex I believe. It's not there anymore. Does anybody
have a simple example on how to use ZIndex with the ZODB-standalone package?
Any other solutions. I'd like to use something that's easy to use with ZODB.

Speed:
In terms of speed; what can I expect of performance from ZODB and ZIndex? It
will process lots of read-access, some write and the amount of data stored
can be huge, up to gigabytes of data.

Any hints or tips appreciated.

Thomas