Informix IDS2000 and Zope/Python/Perl/PHP on Linux

hg none at nohost.com
Fri Jul 27 19:57:24 EDT 2001

Can't answer for IDS 2000, but here's my $.02.

I'm running IDS 7.30.UC7 on Redhat 6 and IDS 7.31.UC7 on Solaris 7.  I have
web access to the databases with perl, PHP, and C/embedded SQL programs and
Apache.  I really like PHP because you write and test, write and test, etc.,
instead of compile the program, copy it to cgi-bin, run it, check the log
file(s), etc.  Saves on development and implementation time.  I don't see
much difference in execution time between the C and PHP programs that do the
same thing.

Hank