greenbeen seeks advice (24 recommended exercises)

wyatt stafford wyatts at onr.com
Fri Jul 20 09:04:10 EDT 2001

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, especially you Mike for taking the time
to list those assignments.  I had been focused on what is only one part of a
multi-part process.  It's not just a question of language (as my original
question suggests), but also algorithms, operating environments, human
interface, specification, theory . . . more.

That all being true, I am quite happy with Python, it's community, technical
resources (both free and paid), and, the fact that it is in the growing
acceptance phase of its life cycle.  So I like my chances over the next few
years of becoming someone who produces useful programs using whatever
language makes sense (which it seems to me could be Python in many, many
cases).

wyatt