The error of building Python on HP UX

Tim Peters tim.one at home.com
Thu Jul 26 23:26:49 EDT 2001

[Guido]
> (Couldn't resist. :-)
>
> It is indeed an error to attempt to build Python on HP UX.  (See the
> endless laments in the SF bug database.)

[SteveN]
> And yet HP makes it available:
> http://hpux.connect.org.uk/hppd/hpux/Languages/python-2.1/

They've made binaries available for some time, yet HP-UX users seem
incapable of successfully compiling it themselves ("see the endless laments
in the SF bug database" indeed).  So what's up with that platform?!  Would
sure be nice if one of the folks at the HP Porting Centre filled us in --
and if they need to patch the source to get it to compile, we'd be delighted
to fold that into the core.

telepathy-challenged-ly y'rs  - tim