Python for air traffic control?

Tobin, Mark Mark.Tobin at attcanada.com
Tue Jul 3 11:31:18 EDT 2001

On Tuesday, July 03, 2001 11:00 AM, Grant Edwards [SMTP:grante at visi.com]
wrote:
> In article <3B41C7C4.E444FCF8 at stroeder.com>, Michael Ströder wrote:
> >David LeBlanc wrote:
> >>
> >> The Canadians privatized their national air traffic control a few years
> >> ago and oh my! the planes RUN ON TIME!
>
> All six of them.

Not to be the stodgy Canadian but Pierson International Airport in Toronto
is a rather large Airport with 3 terminals now, and another scheduled to be
completed in the next two years.  We may have a limited number of airlines
(it's worse than Microsoft ;-) ), but I think it's fair to say that we have
a fairly large number of daily flights.  However, I don't think it's fair to
say that our "planes RUN ON TIME".  With the current monopoly the complaints
to the ombudsperson are apparently up close to seventy percent over last
year.

> :)

;-)

btw somebody on this thread said that the Air Traffic Control was privatized
in Canada, when did that happen, and what does it mean in a practical sense?

> --
> Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Now I understand
the

Cheers,

Mark
>                                   at               meaning of "THE MOD