xml.dom.minidom + py2exe

Thomas Heller thomas.heller at ion-tof.com
Fri Jul 20 05:50:56 EDT 2001

"Martin von Loewis" <loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de> wrote:
> Gordon McMillan <gmcm at hypernet.com> writes:
>
> > You have to do a lot more than that. After all, once xml/__init__.py
> > runs and swaps itself for _xmlplus/__init__.py, then xml.sax.expatreader
> > refers to _xmlplus/sax/expatreader.py.
>
> The original reporter did not have PyXML installed, so no swapping of
> _xmlplus would happen on this installation.

More and more I have the impression (from an freeze/install/py2exe
point of view, I don't know too much about xml and PyXML) that
installing PyXML should *replace* the Lib/xml module.
By replace I mean that Lib/xml should be deleted/renamed,
and PyXML should be installed into xml somewhere in sys.path.

Thomas