Postgres support

Steve Williams stevewilliams at wwc.com
Sat Jul 7 10:14:14 EDT 2001

Alex Martelli wrote:

> "Edward Wilson" <web2ed at yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:5174eed0.0107061058.5446dac9 at posting.google.com...
> > This is exactly what I have been talking about for *years* now.
> >
> A SINGLE module to handle five or more mutually incompatible
> interfaces?!  That's utterly ridiculous --

Take a deep breath, now.  Calm, calm.

I can dream of a paradise with python and wxPython/wxDesigner and a
hypothetical pySQL92 universally available, pre-compiled, waiting only to be
downloaded and installed on more platforms than WinTel.

The non-SQL92 administration bits are usually handled by utility scripts
anyway.  ODBC 'Function Sequence Error', don'cha know.

Not all that far-fetched, IMO, although I'm prepared to ignore those who
urge me to do it myself.

As far as ADO, well, I fear it might be part of a subscription-only revenue
model in the future.