interpreter improvements

Chris Gonnerman chris.gonnerman at newcenturycomputers.net
Sat Jul 21 01:20:38 EDT 2001

Are you on Windows?  All the things you mentioned are available on
Linux/Unix/BSD/etc. with the readline module.

On Windows platforms it is possible (but not easy) to get the standard
GNU readline working.  I created an "Alternative Readline" using a bit
of code from /F and some home-baked Python code for those of us on
Windows... get it at

    http://www.newcenturycomputers.net/projects/readline.html

It provides command history but not completion.

Hope this helps...