Python for air traffic control?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at home.com
Mon Jul 9 13:45:20 EDT 2001

 However, the lawyers had a issue with that so one of the COTS suppliers
> were asked to `supply' it to us.  Problem solved.

Lets see:  I've slept on cots and eaten apri'cots but you must mean
something different.

Perhaps some of us should set up a Python COTS supplier to supply Python
for mission-critical software.  The same idea as the corporation set up
specifically to distribute RU-### (misoprotal?, the 'abortion' drug) in the
United States (and take whatever legal/political flack that ensued).

What should such an entity should do?  I imagine develop a super-heavy-duty
test suite that would document the actual behaviour of particular code in a
particular environment, with coverage of all extreme cases that can be
thought up, and certify that the tests had been run competantly and
honestly.  Distribute with CRC checker?  What else?

Terry J. Reedy