Language change and code breaks

Dirck Blaskey dirck at pacbell.net
Fri Jul 20 01:00:05 EDT 2001

Guido van Rossum <guido at digicool.com> wrote in message news:<mailman.995575532.23146.python-list at python.org>...
> ...  The programming
> environment should be case-preserving, and automatically correct
> identifiers to use the same case as used when they were defined.

When using this approach, please be a little extra careful:

VBA has this feature, and a bug where it remembers some random/first input of a
symbol as the 'definition' for things that are actually defined elsewhere.

I got stuck with DAte everywhere in one project, because I mis-typed it
once, and since Date is a system function, I couldn't ever get it back,
it always insists on using DAte no matter what I type.

Just some MS-SIlliness to be wary of.

(Not that I expect these kinds of bugs in Python, but you never know.)