Opening a file with Python

Nick Perkins nperkins7 at home.com
Tue Jul 24 13:36:07 EDT 2001

"Janos Blazi" <jblazi at hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Yes, thx. Can you tell me the difference between python.exe and
pythonw.exe?
> And later I am going to use Tkinter in my program. Shall I need python.exe
> or pythonw.exe?

The only difference is that pythonw.exe does not pop open the dos window.
Otherwise, they are the same.  Both are fine for Tkinter.
You could use python.exe while you are writing/debugging, then when it's all
finished, switch to pythonw.exe ( change extension to .pyw ), so that users
of your program don't have to see the dos window.

In other words, just stick to python.exe and .py extensions unless you
really want to get rid of the dos window.